The Public Policy related to work permits as announced by IRCC for an employer specific work permit of allowing visitor to apply for an employer-specific work permit from inside Canada, has been extended for another year to February 28, 2023, from its original deadline of February 28, 2022! This means that for the following year, travellers in Canada, whether accompanying parents or general visitors, including study and work permit holders, all will be able to submit employer-specific work permit applications online, with no language requirement!
- be physically present in Canada when applying
- apply for the employer-specific work permit between August 24, 2020, and February 28, 2023
- have valid job offer from employer
- Hold a valid LMIA, or have an LMIA exempt offer from the employer (very few cases).
- be a visitor with valid status when you apply for the work permit
- If your visitor status has expired, you’ll need to restore your visitor status before you apply for a work permit.