Fellows’ Code of Conduct
As a Fellow of the Canadian Migration Institute Inc./Institut canadien de la migration inc. (“CMI”), I recognize that I am entitled to receive certain privileges (“Privileges”) in consideration of my payment of an annual Fellowship Fee to CMI. These Privileges may include:
– access to the ‘Fellows Only’ portion of the CMI website (see details of different level of access level based on the type of the fellowship)
– receiving regular email updates which include important information relevant to immigration or other professional topics;
– having the ability to provide input on key immigration issues that are advocated by CMI as part of its advocacy function to various levels of government and other stakeholders; and/or
– receiving such other future Privileges which may be made available to Fellows by CMI based on your level of fellowship (please refer to details of your fellowship privileges).
Note: All Privileges are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of CMI, including, but not limited to, the addition, elimination or substitution of any of the specific Privileges and/or the nature and type of Privileges offered.
In order to remain a CMI Fellow and to continue to receive the Privileges listed above, I hereby agree as follows:
– I agree to pay my annual Fellowship Fee in the amount stipulated by CMI, which I understand is subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of CMI, by the deadline(s) set out by CMI for the payment of the same;
– In order to retain my status as a Fellow and retain the above Privileges, I agree that I will not engage in conduct that CMI reasonably deems to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, homophobic, sexist, defamatory, obscene, libellous, invasive of another Fellow’s or Student Fellow’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violates any applicable local, provincial, national or international law. Should CMI determine, in its sole discretion, that I have engaged in any of the above conduct, CMI shall be entitled to summarily terminate my status as a Fellow and I will thereafter no longer be able to receive the Privileges described above. CMI may also report such conduct to the appropriate authorities. I agree that I will not make any claims against CMI, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, advisors, successors, assigns and/or affiliates as a result of any termination of my status as Fellow and/or the termination of any of my Privileges.
By clicking “I Agree”, I agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct.
|I Agree||I Disagree|