The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents.

If you’ve been offered a job in Canada as a caregiver or have experience working in Canada as a caregiver, you may be able to apply for permanent residence through one of these pilots.

The application process will be different depending on your situation and how much qualifying work experience you have.

Qualifying work experience

Qualifying work experience means you’ve worked full-time in Canada in 1 of these ( NOC) jobs:

Home child care provider (NOC 4411)
Home support worker (NOC 4412)

Different work experience will have different application steps and preparation.

  1. You don’t have any qualifying work experience
  2. You have some qualifying work experience, but less than 24 months
  3. You have 24 or more months of qualifying work experience