In the last 36 months, you’ve worked full-time as a caregiver in Canada for a total of 24 months or more.


About the process

If you already have 24 months of qualifying work experience, you and your family members may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot. When you apply, you need to include documents to prove you have enough qualifying work experience.



Have enough Work experience

You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the 36 months before you apply. Depending on which pilot you apply for, your work experience must be in 1 of these NOC jobs:

For this work experience:


Language levels

You need to take a language test to prove you meet the minimum language skills.

The minimum language skills is CLB 5 in English or NCLC 5 in French for all 4 language skills (writing, reading, listening, speaking).



You must have a completed post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year in Canada. If you don’t have a Canadian education credential, you need to get your foreign education credential assessed to show that it’s equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year.


Are admissible to Canada


Plan to live outside the province of Quebec as a permanent resident