Requirements and eligibility
You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:
- have a valid travel document, like a passport
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job,home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to yourhome country
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at theend of your visit
- have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
- You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
How to apply online for a visitor visa: Using IRCC Portal
1. Create an account or sign in the IRCC Portal
2. Complete the online form and upload your documents
3. Pay with a credit card